Cannot see footer on Bagze theme

Home Forums WordPress Themes Cannot see footer on Bagze theme

This topic contains 21 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  andrew mapp 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Website URL: http://vonfrancotraditionals.com
Theme: Bagze - Bag Shop WooCommerce WordPress Theme
Purchase Code: Supplied
Support date: 2017-11-23expired

• Author

heelgrinder
    Participant

Hello, I just installed Bagze on my server and am having several problems.

1. I uploaded the templatera.xml file, yet I am unable to see any of the footer template options. I have tried selecting both Footer Default and Footer Second, and neither show up in the footer area. I am only seeing the copyright line.
    2. Sticky header does not display logo.
    3. Search Icon is not functioning with an expandable search box as on your demo site.

Can you please help me sort this out? Thanks so much, I love the theme.

supporter

Hi.

1. Could your please provide us your login details that we can check.
    2. Please go edit the header in Visual Composer -> Templates -> [your-header] and change the sticky logo at mega menu section.
    3. Please provide us your login details.

Thanks.

heelgrinder
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

supporter

Hi.

We’re checking your issues now.

Thanks.

heelgrinder
    Participant

Additional problems:

• I cannot change the fonts under Theme Options. I changed all four options and they are not reflecting on the site.
    • Where can I change the border color on the product page? (see attachment). The border does not have enough contrast with my chosen page background image. I can’t track this down to add custom css, even using Firebug.
    • There is a typo on the headline for the individual product pages. The headline says “DETAIL PRODUCTS” — this is incorrect; it should say “PRODUCT DETAILS.” I can’t see how to change this without editing the theme files, which I don’t like to do because future updates will overwrite any changes.
    • I cannot make the Revolution Slider on the homepage full-width, even if I choose “Stretch row and content (no paddings)” on the row settings in Visual Composer. I would like this to look like your home page on the demo site.
    • I cannot see how to add the torn paper effect on the Revolution Slider.
    • Editing the text on the Revolution Slider samples leads to different font sizes
    • Parallax is not working in Visual Composer
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  heelgrinder.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kevin Sobo
    Kevin Sobo
    Keymaster

Hi,

I tried to change fonts and it works.

Please show me by screenshot. I will give you instruction.

You can change the text “detail products” in Theme Options panel.

Edit home page, click on pencil icon of row then add this extra class: full-width

Read the documentation of Revolution Slider to work with it.

What do you mean about parallax? Do you want to make a section with parallax background?

heelgrinder
    Participant

Thanks! I can see the footer now; this is great! However, anytime I make and save any changes to the footer under Visual Composer –> Templates, it reverts back to the placeholder info that is already in the template. Can you please help with this? I have to finish and present the site in 7 days so I need to get that resolved ASAP. Thanks so much for your help.

heelgrinder
    Participant

Ok, so I discovered a major plugin conflict with the Bagze theme: Yoast SEO. I deactivated the plugin and now most of my above problems are resolved. You might want to look into that, because SO MANY people use Yoast. After deactivating, I have no trouble editing templates in Visual Composer.

However, I’m still having two major problems that I need to get resolved ASAP so I can get this site live:

1. The search function is not working in the header. I’m using the Bagze search. Clicking on the magnifying glass just reloads the page.
    2. I can’t use any shortcodes or forms in the footer template. They either show up blank or display the HTML. I tried to place my Geotrust SSL seal code into the footer template; I’ve tried using a text block and raw html block and neither work. I also tried placing a short code for a MailChimp signup form in both a text block and raw html block and neither work for this, either.

supporter

Hi.

1. It could be that plugin conflict with the theme. Try to deactivate that plugin and use default search. If it work, it mean that plugin conflict.
    2. I have checked and saw that you activate plugin name Akismet. That plugin conflict with the theme, please do not activate it.
    3. I saw it work now with the footer after i deactivate the plugin.

Thanks.

heelgrinder
    Participant

My client changed his deadline for this site and had to stop temporarily. Now I am back on it and I’m still having a lot of problems, some of which were not resolved from my previous requests. This theme has given me more problems than any other I’ve ever used from Themeforest 🙁 — these issues must be resolved.

1. I had to install Jetpack in order to use a plugin that is essential for my client, Woocommerce Services, which calculates shipping. When I install and activate Jetpack, I get a weird line of code at the top of the site: //s7.addthis.com/js/300/addthis_widget.js#pubid=ra-51e9ed7f56140776. I contacted Jetpack (Auttomatic) about this issue, and they are baffled. I deactivate every single plugin to test for convicts and it was still showing. They say it must be a theme conflict. I *must* be able to use Jetpack. This must be resolved.
    2. After deactivating every single plugin to test for conflicts with Jetpack, and then reactivating them, now I can no longer edit the footer template. I have it set to Footer Default and it is not showing at all.
    3. Search is still not working in header. This must function.

Steps I have taken to try and resolve this on my own:

• Downloaded and reinstalled a fresh copy of theme files from Themeforest
    • Deactivated plugins for conflicts
    • DELETED all plugins and only installed theme-required plugins along with security plugins and Jetpack

Your login above is still active. Please help! I’m against a wall with this template and it is very frustrating.

supporter

Hi.

Please follow this topic to update your VC first. After that replace the attachment file to vc_template folder.

For the conflict of Jetpack, I will send to our coder to check.

Thanks.

Attachments:

heelgrinder
    Participant

The Jetpack issue was revolved by their developers, so that one is fixed.

I uploaded the new vc_row.php.

• Search still not working (clicking it goes to homepage)
    • Adding an item to cart causes mini cart to drop to a new line.
    • Still cannot see edits to Footer Default. It is not showing at all.

See attached screenshot for first 2 issues. Thanks for your assistance with this!

Attachments:

supporter

Hi.

I’ve fixed the code.

Your Footer show now.

I saw that the cart is on the same line

Still looking for search problem.

Thanks.

Attachments:

heelgrinder
    Participant

Thank you, footer is working now.

Looking forward to a fix on the search. I need to launch this site by October 1st and I need that to work.

The cart is still bumping to a new line (see attachment). It stays on one line when the sticky header is active, but not when the menu is in full view.

Attachments:

-hostexp
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve updated our theme in your website.

Please check your website again.

Thanks,

heelgrinder
    Participant

Hi, thanks for your efforts, but it still isn’t working.

Now when I click the magnifying glass, it opens a box with “Enter your search”, but before I can type any terms, it loads a page with “No products found” with no text entered in the search box. The resulting search page has this headline: “Search results: “Enter your search…”

Mini cart is still being bumped down. It should be on the same line as search and wishlist heart.

See attached screenshot for notes.

Attachments:

-hostexp
    Participant

Hi,

Magnifying glass icon, we set the hover effect.
    When you are hover in magnifying glass icon, text input will be displayed for typing keyword.

Could you provide us ftp details in private reply that we can update code faster.
    Thanks,

heelgrinder
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

-hostexp
    Participant

I’ve updated code, please check again.

Thanks,

heelgrinder
    Participant

I’m afraid we’re not there yet. Now the theme seems broken — the site is not loading fully. See attached screenshot.

Attachments:

-hostexp
    Participant

I’m sorry. I just update again,

You can check again.

Thanks,

andrew mapp
    Participant

good day
    I have exactly the same problem

-jatpack shows a message above – I have already changed the vc_row.php.
    -My footer is not displayed
    – my search does not work

can you help me, please?

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  andrew mapp.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  andrew mapp.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browser our premium, beautiful WooCommerce WordPress themes for your online store